Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back-to-School

Can you believe it is time to go back-to-school?  I feel like summer just started!

This time of year is super busy.  As a parent you are gathering up school supplies, buying new shoes and getting your child back into a bedtime routine.  This time of year is just as busy for your child's teacher.  Even though your child has yet to step into his classroom, his teacher has been busy preparing for his arrival.

Start the school year off letting your child's teacher know how much you appreciate them.  There are a TON of ideas floating around for back-to-school teacher appreciation gifts.  Two of my favorites are the calculator gift and the colored pencil vase! I love them because they only take a few minutes to assemble and are inexpensive!



I picked up an oversized calculator and the Dollar Store and put it in a cellophane bag. The cute tag can be found here for you to download!  Simple as that!  A cute appreciation gift to start the year for the cost of a dollar!


Another great idea is to create a vase out of colored pencils.  It might look complicated, but it is really easy!

Directions:

  1. Clean an empty soup can.
  2. Put a rubber band on the outside of the soup can.
  3. Slide colored pencils under the rubber band one at a time until the entire can is covered in pencils! 
  4. Tie a pretty ribbon around the rubber band.
  5. Fill your vase with water and some pretty flowers!


I picked up three packages of 12 colored pencils at Target.  Each box cost 97 cents!  I was able to create the vase for under three dollars!  The bright colors of the vase would make anyone's day!

Happy Back-to-School!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute ideas! This is the first time I am not teaching in 15 years, as I am staying home with my baby! It was fun to see the back-to-school ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas! I'm excited about starting back to school.

    ReplyDelete