Thursday, March 31, 2011

LMNO Peas

I am getting more and more interested in alphabet books because of my two little ones.  I love Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, but I need a break from the coconut tree!   When I was searching the library last week I came across a keeper and thought I would share.  LMNO Peas by Keith Baker is one cute alphabet book.

The book is full of peas who live within the alphabet.  The peas are energetic little characters who share with the reader their occupations and hobbies.  As the peas weave through the letter A, they share they are acrobats, artists and astronauts!  As you read the prose aloud you will feel a gentle rhythm.  The illustrations really make the book.  The peas are cleverly illustrated.  If you look closely you will find much humor in the pictures.

This is a great book to introduce the alphabet and to enhance young children's vocabulary.

A special gem in this book is the hidden ladybug on each page.  Kids will love trying to find the hidden ladybug!

Peas read this book with your child!

No comments:

Post a Comment